Who We Arecriticallythinking
Our Fellows are the heart of the Secular Policy Institute. They are distinguished scientists and scholars dedicated to the idea that policymaking should be informed by scientific evidence. They represent the world’s leading thinkers, as gauged by:
1. Scientific and scholarly standing, measured by research and peer-reviewed journal publications
2. Peer recognition, measured by reputation and by national and international awards
3. Standing in their field, measured by membership on journal boards, grant panels, and honorary associations
4. Institutional affiliation, as measured by institutional rankings by the National Research Council
5. Highest degrees in their respective fields (e.g., Ph.D., MD, JD)
6. Prestige and visibility, measured by their number of keynote lectures, book chapters, etc.
Learn about benefits to being an SPI Fellow and how to apply.
Our Advocates are distinguished public figures who connecting secular ideas to media, government, and other global decision-makers. They represent the world’s leading thinkers, as measured by their ideas, their following, and their prestige in the community of ideas. Advocates are intellectual thought leaders who may be authors, podcasters or other Internet giants, film or television celebrities, journalists, scientists, noted businesspeople, senior politicans or government officials, or academics who are not professors.
Learn about benefits to being an SPI Advocate and how to apply.